The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
ITC1070 LE Information Technology Fundamentals –orCS1070
Introduction to Information Systems
ITC 2188 Introduction to Programming
ITC 3234 Object Oriented Programming
MA 2010 Statistics I
ITC 3260 Fundamentals of RDBMS
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Social network characteristics. Network measures and models. Data mining in social networks.
The course aims to acquaint students with methods of analysis of online social networks that include modelling at the micro, meso and macro scale. Moreover, the course also aims to mine the information that is stored in social networks.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Adapt or combine network measures to construct social or generalised information network models
2. Design methods to mine the structural and content information in social or generalised information network models
3. Formulate techniques that are based on structural or content information to build recommender systems or systems that extract higher level modalities
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Classroom lectures, discussions, and review of real-world cases based on specific theoretical concepts.
• Laboratory practical sessions.
• Office hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they can ask questions and go over lecture material.
• Use of the Blackboard Learning platform, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, as well as additional resources.