Information Systems for Decision Making
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Information Sciences, Information Technologies, Management of Technology
Taught In English
CS 1070 Introduction to Information Systems
CS 2179 Business Information Systems
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Knowledge Management Systems concepts and possibilities; role of knowledge in business; organisational learning and knowledge management processes
This module will introduce basic concepts in knowledge management and a variety of methods that can be used in individual and organizational decision-making and problemsolving. The focus is to capture knowledge in order to provide viable alternatives for managers rather than replacing judgment with an optimized solution. Taxonomies of Knowledge, Knowledge Processes Models and Knowledge Management systems are providing the input for justifying sustainable strategies in businesses towards improved performance and competitive advantage.
As a result of taking this module, the student should be able to:
1. Analyse how knowledge management can support decision making.
2. Apply decision making and problem solving methods for diversified management cases through the utilisation of appropriate business knowledge.
3. Link knowledge management strategies to knowledge management technologies in order to improve higher knowledge based business performance
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the learning and teaching strategy of the College, the following tools/activities are used:
• Lectures and class discussions. Laboratory practical sessions and problem solving. Case Studies and Best Practices Discussion.
• Office hours held by the instructor to provide further
2 assistance to students.
• Use of the Blackboard Learning platform to further support communication, by posting lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, and online submission of assignments.