Information Technology Fundamentals
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Binary numbers and logic operations; computer hardware; operating systems; algorithmic thinking; programming languages; computer networks; the Internet; web development; data management. Replaces CS 1070 for IT majors. Students will not receive credit for both ITC 1070 and CS 1070.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the software and hardware infrastructure of computers.
2. Demonstrate understanding of basic networking concepts
3. Demonstrate understanding of basic programming concepts
4. Demonstrate understanding of the analysis and design of small scale information systems and the ability to write brief informative reports.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Lecture and Laboratory sessions
• Videos and online material
• Office hours
• Use of Blackboard CMS