The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MK2050 Principles of Marketing or
MK2030 Fundamentals of Marketing
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Marketing communications and their role within the overall marketing mix. The communication process, marketing communication mix, target audiences, creative and media strategy, integration of marketing communication activities etc.
Marketing communications are an important component of the Marketing Mix. To be used effectively, marketers need to fully understand all components of the marketing communication mix, and the role each play in the marketing communication process. Furthermore, marketing communication programs must be developed within a strategic context and marketers must make knowledgeable use of creative tactics and media choices. This course covers an overview of the components of the marketing mix (advertising, sales promotion, PR etc.) and describes all activities that deal with the planning, creation, implementation and evaluation of marketing communication activities., in a way that prepares the student for more advanced courses in the area of marketing communications
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the role of marketing communications within the overall marketing mix of the company.
2. Evaluate the competencies of each component of the communication, media and creative mix.
3. Assess the overall communication strategy of a given campaign
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Class lectures, interactive learning (class
• Presentation and discussion of real life examples
• Project. Critical analysis of the communication strategy of an existing reallife campaign. Students are expected to work individually and in small teams.
• Presentation of the best project
• Use of Blackboard learning platform
• Office hours. Students are encouraged to make full use of office hours of their instructors to ask questions and go over lecture material.