New Venture Creation
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MG 2003 Management Principles or MG 3034 Managing People and Organizations
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
New venture formation and entrepreneurship. Contemporary methods and best practices for the entrepreneur to plan, launch, and operate a new venture. Creation of a business plan.
The new venture is a vital component of the free enterprise system, providing much needed innovation, competition and employment. It is furthermore particularly relevant to the Greek business environment, where the small business sector is especially large. This course provides an important contextual basis for all business majors. Entrepreneurship is a career option chosen by many of our students, and the course provides techniques, models and skills which are essential to the successful creation of a new business. By taking a holistic view of the new venture creation process, the course also offers students the opportunity to synthesise knowledge and skills drawn from a wide range of functional business areas.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Analyze the key issues related to new venture creation. (analysis)
2. Analyze the milestones and related challenges in developing a new venture. (analysis)
3. Create a business plan. (synthesis)
4. Demonstrate effective teamwork and presentation skills. (application)
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the College, the following tools are used:
• Classes consist of: lectures, case studies, experiential exercises, and inclass discussion of related material.
• Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor in order to consult and discuss issues related to the course content.
• Use of the Blackboard learning platform: in order to enhance the teaching and learning process, instructors may use the site to post their announcements, upload related course material, lecture notes, assignment instructions and additional resources.