The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
WP 1010 Introduction to Academic Writing
WP 1111 Integrated Academic Writing and Ethics
WP 1212 Academic Writing and Research
Eight (8) Level 4 courses in the major
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
A study of communication modes in professional contexts with focus on the development of communication expertise needed within businesses as well as technical and academic communities.
The course is intended to help students improve their writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills so as to succeed in their prospective professional environments. It examines various aspects of professional communication and focuses on oral as well as written communication. Additionally, it deals with interpersonal communication during group situations ranging from committee meetings and project teams to interviewing and everyday professional interaction.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Exhibit awareness of the value of professional etiquette.
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of various forms of professional oral communication.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of various forms of professional written communication.
4. Communicate ideas successfully through the spoken word following English discourse conventions.
5. Communicate ideas successfully in writing following English discourse conventions.
6. Adapt message content to a particular audience and medium of communication in a professional context.
7. Work effectively with others in small groups or teams.
8. Demonstrate ethical communication practices.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
- Lectures, video presentations, class discussions, pair and group activities.
- Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they can ask questions and go over lecture material.
- Use of a Blackboard site, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, as well as additional resources.