3D Modeling Methodologies
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Computer Info Systems, Information Technologies, Visual Arts
Taught In English
ITC1070 LE Information Technology Fundamentals –orCS1070
Introduction to Information Systems
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
3D object manipulation. Modelling methodologies. Lighting and rendering effects. Camera manipulation. Textures creation and use. Dynamic animation. Characters creation and manipulation.
The course is intended for students of the Digital Media Technologies of the IT major. It aims to provide in-depth experience of 3D modelling practices and applications. Object manipulation, lighting and rendering techniques, and specialized components, such as characters, are addressed at various levels.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of object manipulation
2. Analyse modelling techniques.
3. Construct 3D models with animation capabilities and use them to compose 3D scenes.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Classroom lectures, class discussions.
• Laboratory sessions, involving training and practice in the creation of 3D scenes.
• Office hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they can ask questions and go over lecture material.
• Use of the Blackboard Learning platform, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, as well as additional resources.