Contemporary Dance V
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
DA2050 Contemporary Dance I
DA2151 Contemporary Dance II
DA3255 Contemporary Dance III
DA3358 Contemporary Dance IV
Or by permission of instructor
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Advanced technique training in contemporary dance. Health, safety, nutritional/dietary concerns and injury prevention.
This course aims to pursue excellence in contemporary dance performance through exposure to variety of technical styles depending on the instructor’s background. The emphasis is on autonomous, self-directed learning through engaging with advanced level technique class. Individual interpretation of the material as well as expressivity in performance is also important. The class is geared towards increasing the students’ autonomy as performing artists and to promote in them an understanding of the value of daily technique class in their professional career.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate competency and fluency in the performance of contemporary dance to Intermediate/Advanced level.
2. Demonstrate ability to perform the material with clarity of intention and execution.
3. Apply knowledge gained to perform longer and more complex combinations with attention to changes in dynamic, spatial orientation, balance and lability.
4. Demonstrate ability to infuse the performance of the combinations with a sense personal interpretation that takes into considerations the requirements and demands of the task.
5. Demonstrate a professional attitude towards training and health and nutrition.
6. Value the importance of training in professional life through their engagement with day to day training.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
- Lectures, class discussions, video presentations
- Office hours where students can discuss with instructor their concerns over ongoing projects.
- Use of a Blackboard site where lecture notes, assignment instructions, announcements, and other materials related to the module are posted.