Developing Human Capital
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MG 2003 Management Principles or MG 3034 Managing People and Organizations
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
The role of developing human capital in achieving corporate objectives, through effective needs assessment, employee development plans and career management. Evaluation of the training and development effort, learning theories and e-learning.
Training and developing human capital must be aligned with overall business strategy. This course examines the role of training and development beyond training program design. It provides students with the necessary knowledge and insight into the creation of systems to motivate employees to learn and to share knowledge. The course also provides the student with the necessary background to understand how globalization, new technology, employee retention and growth, attracting and winning talent, changing demographics and diversity of workforce have an impact on training and development practices.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Analyze the employee training process, and explain its relationship to employee and organizational effectiveness. (analysis)
2. Explain the career management process, and examine contemporary challenges in employee development and career management. (analysis)
3. Analyze and apply knowledge in employee training and development to contemporary organizations. (analysis and application)
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the learning and teaching strategy of the College, the following tools are used:
• Classes consist of lectures, case studies, experiential exercises, and in-class discussion of related material.
• Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor in order to consult and discuss issues related to the course content.
• Use of the Blackboard learning platform: in order to enhance the teaching and learning process, instructors may use the site to post their announcements, upload related course material, lecture notes, assignment instructions and additional resources.