Information Systems Strategy
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Information Sciences, Information Technologies
Taught In English
CS 1070 Introduction to Information Systems
CS 2179 Business Information Systems
MG/CS 3157 Project Management
CS 4284 Analysis and Design for Information Systems
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Study of the information systems function within an organization; a senior management perspective in the acquisition, development, delivery and governance of information systems resources.
The capstone module in MIS provides students with the opportunity to apply information systems concepts in support of the strategic use of information systems as a means for acquiring competitive advantage. Students will be exposed to factors that affect information systems in business from both technological and managerial perspectives. They will also recognize how information systems create opportunities for change in an organization. The module is project-driven and team-oriented. Students will be required to apply project management practices.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Analyse the impact of information systems on organizations
2. Relate business models with information systems strategies, enabling organizations to conduct business in innovative and effective ways
3. Assess challenges executives face in aligning business strategy with information systems strategy
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Lectures, class discussions of recent information systems’ developments and best practices.
• Laboratory sessions on game simulations involving decision making on certain business processes.
• Office hours held by the instructor to provide further assistance to students.
• Use of the Blackboard Learning platform to further support communication, by posting lecture notes, assignment instruction, timely announcements, and online submission of assignments.