Integrated Marketing Topics and Strategies
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MK2050 Principles of Marketing or
MK 2030 Fundamentals of Marketing
MA 2021 Applied Statistics
MA 2010 Statistics I & MA 3111 Statistics II
AF 2006 Financial Accounting
AF 3116 Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
MK 3131 Building Marketing Value Proposition
MK 4447 Advance Marketing Management & Metrics
MK 4358 Marketing Research
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Development of corporate marketing strategies and plans. Interaction of marketing strategy with key functions across the organization in developing and executing successful business strategies.
The essence of Strategic Marketing is to provide customer value to customers thus gaining a competitive advantage. With a foundation of general knowledge in the nature and application of the various marketing functions acquired in previous marketing courses, students develop a comprehensive understanding of how marketing strategies can be developed and executed in dynamic competitive environments. Students will explore marketing issues in depth and investigate functions with the ultimate objective of formulating strategy and plans at the corporate level. This course emphasizes the corporate marketing plan.
As a result of taking this module, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the decision making processes involved in the assessment and selection of marketing strategies that are at play at all business types and how they affect an organization’s practices.
2. Demonstrate understanding of how companies create and sustain competitive advantages through the delivery of customer value in the market place.
3. Design appropriate market-driven strategies based on the market and industry structure.
4. Develop and present a three-year corporate marketing plan based on marketing objectives, strategies, implementation and evaluation processes.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
- Class lectures, interactive learning (class discussions, group work) and practical problems solved in class.
- Case studies and problem discussions in class on selected marketing topics. Case studies aiming at understanding the value of quantitative analysis in marketing decisionmaking.
- Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they can ask questions on lectures and project concerns, and see their exam papers.
- Use of Blackboard learning platform, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, as well as additional resources.