The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MK 2030 Fundamentals of Marketing or
MK 2050 Principles of Marketing
MA 2021 Applied Statistics or
MA 2010 Statistics I & MA 3111 Statistics II
BU 3233 Business Research Methods
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Marketing research as a tool for decision- making and problem-solving in marketing. The research process. Research design and methodology, design sample, data collection, analysis and interpretation of data in specific marketing applications.
Managers are increasingly turning to marketing research to provide more reliable answers not only to marketing problems but other business problems as well. Marketing research is crucial to the adoption of a marketing philosophy by organisations. It provides a link between the consumer and public, through information that is used to identify and define marketing opportunities and marketing problems, to initiate marketing action, to monitor marketing performance, and to improve understanding of marketing as a process. The module addresses the stages of the marketing research process, from identification of a problem and definition of the research objectives, to the presentation of research results. It also equips students with the knowledge and skills to write advanced marketing project writing. In particular, the module focuses on the issues of defining marketing research problems, identification of data requirements and sources, choice of research design, data collection, data analysis and presentation of results. A practical perspective through a research project where students have to prepare a research report on the basis of secondary and primary data collection.
On successful completion of the module, the student should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the various methods of marketing research and how they apply to specific marketing issues.
2. Develop research designs on the basis of a brief relating to a marketing issue, including development of research objective, choice of sampling method and development of research instruments such as questionnaires and
3. Critically analyze specific marketing issues, with the support of appropriate marketing research techniques, and data collection methods.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Class lectures, participation and discussion of marketing cases and practical problems solved in class.
• Training on the SPSS statistical program for quantitative data analysis.
• Individual assignments.
• Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they can ask questions and go over lecture material.
• Use of a Blackboard learning platform, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, as well as additional resources.