Media Planning for Marketing Communications Campaigns
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Communication, Marketing, Media Studies
Taught In English
MK 2030 Fundamentals of Marketing or
MK 2050 Principles of Marketing
MK 3159 Consumer Behaviour
MK 3135 Marketing Communications
MK 3131 Building Marketing Value Proposition
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Advanced level of modern advertising strategy and practices. Impact of advertising on consumers. Analysis of media planning, selection and evaluation.
This media planning course is designed to facilitate a deeper understanding of media strategy development of the campaign. Moreover, students are given the opportunity to develop a complete and realistic media plan. This module further enables students to see the strong link between marketing and media planning as a tool of implementing marketing communications objectives.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the theories and principles underlying media planning strategy and tactics.
2. Apply relevant theories and models for the development of a media strategy-driven plan that includes advanced media planning tactics.
3. Interpret, analyze and solve structured and unstructured media problems.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
- Class lectures complemented with audiovisuals aids and discussions of cases that stress advertising
- In-class practical exercises and group activities to: illustrate advertising research techniques, improve management of the creative process and enhance quantitative analytic techniques.
- Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they can ask questions and go over lecture material, case studies or team project.
- Use of a Blackboard learning platform, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcement as well as additional resources.