The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MG 2003 Management Principles or MG 3034 Managing People and Organizations
MA 1009 Mathematics for Business, Economics and Sciences
MA 2021 Applied Statistics
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Key elements of operations management as they apply to the production of goods and services offered by manufacturing or service organizations. Topics include nature and context of operations management, product design and process selection design of facilities and jobs, managing the supply chain, and revising the system.
Α production/operations system functions to transform inputs to desired outputs. All organizations contain this function. It is important for business administration students of all majors to study it, since the operation function interacts with other organization functions such as marketing, human resources, finance, etc.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Analyze the challenges and opportunities faced by operations managers and evaluate the value and implications of their operational choices in real life organizational contexts. (analysis, evaluation)
2. Analyze and assess contemporary operations management theories and tools that aim at creating synergies among a variety of operational factors and parameters. (analysis, evaluation)
3. Apply and evaluate quantitative models to resolve critical operational problems, and integrate their outcomes to formulate or assess expert recommendations. (application, evaluation)
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Lectures, problem solving exercises, model applications, small case studies, the carrying out of a research project and in-class presentation.
• Office hours held by the instructor to provide further assistance to students.
• Use of the Blackboard Learning platform to further support communication, by posting lecture notes, assignment instruction, timely announcements, and online submission of assignments.