Dublin City University
Area of Study
Corporate Studies, Legal Studies
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module aims to acquaint students with the function of employment law and labour law in the context of both the individual and collective labour relationship. The module will explain the basic common law principles of employment law and labour law and teach and assess both Irish and EU legisative evelopments and their impact on the employment relationship. The module will address the key social, political and cultural policy arguments that underlie developments in employment law.
1. Analyse the functions of employment law and labour law.
2. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the important legal principles that underline the employment relationship by reference to relevant case law and legislation.
3. Solve legal problems with reference to case law and legislation.
4. Assess the influence of competing critical perspectives on employment law.
5. Appraise the role of the European Community in employment law and labour law.