Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The module will enable students to explore the concept of health promotion as a mechanism for health and social gain. It will enable them to develop knowledge, attitudes and skills to provide health promotion interventions to individuals and communities. It will be delivered by lecturers, interactive sessions and seminars.Students are expected to develop critical thinking skills and identify opportunities for application to their practice.Students will be expected to read and critique Irish department of health policies, strategies and documentation from a broad perspective.
1. Critically analyse the concept of health and health promotion.
2. Demonstrate a knowledge of the key principles of health promotion e.g.education, empowerment, enablement, health promotion in the community, health promotion ethics.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of policy development in health promotion from a national and international perspective.
4. Critically evaluate a selection of health promotion models and approaches.
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the application of the appropriate approaches to different contexts.