Dublin City University
Area of Study
Irish Culture, Theater
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
1. Understand the development of a distinctly Irish drama
2. Perform comparative and close analyses of a range of plays and theatrical styles
3. Discuss the significance of theatre in cultural and political terms
4. Relate Irish drama to historical developments
5. Examine the role of drama in exploring key issues such as gender, class, globalisation, postcolonialism.
6. Develop an understanding of performance praxis