Project for Exchange / Study Abroad
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits7
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units11
Hours & Credits
The aim of this module is to introduce the student to the skills associated with an Engineer through Problem Based Learning and the integration of theory with relevant practical work.
1. Apply theoretical aspects of their programme to relevant practical work experience through Problem Based Learning
2. Identify, describe and formulate solutions to real-world engineering problems.
3. Apply experimental, analytical and numerical methods to the design of solutions appropriate to product/process development.
4. Identify, interpret and evaluate unseen technical information.
5. Demonstrate initiative and ingenuity in deriving novel solutions to specific engineering problems.
6. Assess the importance of task management, planning, working in teams and interdisciplinary collaboration in Engineering practice.
7. Identify, evaluate and discuss ethical issues in engineering as they relate to their work.
8. Communicate engineering concepts and ideas by written and graphical means.