Spanish Advanced Language
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Spanish, Spanish Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module, conducted in the target language, is aimed at advanced learners who who are returning from their year abroad. Learners gain accuracy on grammatical, semantic and orthographic competences through a varied range of contemporary topics -mainly globalisation. They explore and develop writing techniques through specific writing activities in the target language with a view to improving fluency, accuracy and range of expression in written production in the target language.
1. Understand and work at an advanced level with the grammar in the the target language and express meaning by producing well organised and structured written phrases, sentences and stories (as opposed to memorising and reproducing them as fixed formulae).
2. Recognise different written registers and styles appropriately.
3. Use a broad lexical repertoire to express ideas with accuracy: the learner will have knowledge of and the ability to use the vocabulary of the target language (lexical and grammatical elements) and develop awareness and control of the organisation of meaning.
4. Produce a variety of grammatically correct written texts in the target language and apply different writing techniques, organising paragraphs and texts in a variety of controlled as well as creative written contexts -with a special focus on story writing.
5. Write a clear, well-structured and academic text demonstrating the ability to use creative writing.
6. Demonstrate critical analytical skills when writing about complex topics.
7. Source credible, reliable and complex information in the target language, using a variety of online media and contacts.