Advanced Teaching Strategies
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Education, Teacher Education
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To facilitate students to understand, explore, examine and select advanced teaching strategies. To develop an awareness of, and appreciation for the presence of diverse learning styles in relation to the sectional and adoption of an advanced teaching strategy To accommodate the development, structuring and sequencing of the various strategies to meet the needs of a diverse range of learners in a range of educational contexts. Becoming a critically reflective practitioner (active teacher/trainer/learner)
1. Identify procedures for planning, designing and implementing various advanced teaching strategies
2. Identify and assess a range of learning styles and the multiple intelligences profile of individual learners
3. Summarise teaching models and classify teaching strategies accordingly
4. Combine practice and theory to plan specific learning episodes for delivery in a range of educational contexts including further and adult education.
5. Design, deliver and critically reflect on a learning episode that utilizes a predetermined advanced teaching strategy.