Chinese Scientific/Technical Translation
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Asian Studies, Chinese, Linguistics
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The module aims to further develop semi-professional translation skills, and to build up students’ ability to translate Chinese technical texts at an advanced level for a variety of purposes, making efficient use of specialized terminology resources and comparable text resources.
1. Translate semi-specialised texts at an advanced level from Chinese into English.
2. Understand how to analyse scientific/technical texts in preparation for translation.
3. Use technical dictionaries and other reference materials.
4. Produce a target text which is stylistically appropriate for the purpose of translation.
5. Critically review published Chinese/English translations.