Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
Maxwell's equations are introduced through conceptual development of electromagnetism, integration and vector calculus.
1. demonstrate conceptual understanding of electric and magnetic fields
2. apply the superposition principle in the context of electric and magnetic fields
3. set up integrals to evaluate EM quantities due to charge distributions and current configurations
4. link electromagnetism with other areas of physics, e.g. mechanics, optics, and special relativity.
5. solve unseen problems in electromagnetism
6. discuss and solve problems in electricity and magnetism in a small group setting