German for Academic Purposes (Business and Society)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Business, German, German Culture, International Business, Sociology
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The module has a theoretical and a practical concern. Firstly, it aims to explore the meanings of moral concepts and the methods supporting ethical standards and institutions in economic, political and social spheres. It also aims to enable the students to recognise, identify and evaluate the nature of moral conflicts in their current and future work environment. All language contact in this module is through the target language.
1. Understand in detail complex information from articles and reports concerned with ethical issues in which the writers adopt particular viewpoints.
2. Write clear, well-structured texts on ethical topics, synthesizing and evaluating information and arguments on the one hand while putting forward reasoned arguments/points of view on the other hand.
3. Give a clear, detailed oral presentation on complex ethical issues, with appropriate highlighting of significant points and relevant supporting detail.
4. Demonstrate a good command of a broad lexical repertoire, including language specific to ethical issues, allowing gaps to be readily overcome with circumlocutions.
5. Show good grammatical control of complex language; occasional non-systematic errors and minor flaws in sentence structures may still occur.
6. Source credible, reliable and complex information in the target language into both a topic of choice and one designated by the lecturer, using a variety of online media and contacts.
7. Demonstrate critical analytical skills when presenting, discussing and commenting on complex topics.
8. Work as a member of a team.