Kinetics and Thermodynamics
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The purpose of this module is to provide a detailed understanding of the fundamental principles of thermodynamics and reaction kinetics and how they are affect the progress of chemical processes. These issues will be put in the context of chemical reactivity.
1. Perform thermodynamic calculations to predict reaction spontaneity and the position of equilibria.
2. Identify the issues that determine reaction spontaneity and the position of equilibria in different cases
3. Analyse rate data to determine the type of kinetics of reacting systems.
4. Apply kinetics information to gain insight into reaction mechanisms.
5. Identify key issues in solution and suface thermodynamics and how they affect chemical processes and the formation of colloids.