Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units5
Hours & Credits
This module will introduce students to the notions of vectors, matrices and linear maps in (finite dimensional) Euclidean Spaces. Infinite dimensional vector spaces, in the context of Fourier Series, will be considered also. The module aims to give students a working knowledge of the methods and applications of linear algebra. Applications will be chosen with their significance to the students disciplines in mind. Students will attend lectures on the course material and will work, independently, to solve problems on topics related to the course material. The students will have an opportunity to review their solutions, with guidance, at weekly tutorials.
1. solve systems of linear equations.
2. perform various operations with vectors and matrices, in particular, be able to calculate eigenspaces and apply such calculations to the diagonalization of matrices.
3. apply linear algebraic methods to geometic problems in 2 and 3 dimensions.
4. calculate trigonometric Fourier Series of elementary functions defined on finite intervals and sketch the periodic extensions of such functions
5. demonstrate an understanding of concepts by use of examples or counterexamples.