Dublin City University
Area of Study
Computer Info Systems, Computer Science
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units5
Hours & Credits
The module will present basic techniques and methods of Operations Research. A wide range of applications, with a focus on optimisation and decision making, will be covered including applications relevant to computing, data analysis, and information processing.
1. Identify and formulate linear programming applications
2. Calculate solutions to linear programming problems with Simplex and related methods, using AMPL tool for large scale problems.
3. Apply sensitivity analysis techniques to linear programming problems.
4. Calculate optimal solutions to integer programming problems
5. Identify, formulate and find solution to representative non-linear optimisation problems
6. Set up data and models for large scale problems using the AMPL software tool, including such aspects as treatment of network problems, multiple goals, etc.
7. Analyse applications of decision making under risk/uncertainty & identify optimal decision strategies.
8. Analyse simple queuing systems.
9. Formulate, and calculate solutions for dynamic programming problems.
10. Analyse simple Markov chains.
11. Identify and develop computer simulation of simple dynamic systems, using appropriate programming language(s).