Sales and CRM
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This course provides an overview of professional selling at both a strategic and tactical level and is designed to enable the student to gain a greater understanding and appreciation for the sales function. The main module objective is to provide the marketer with the tools and techniques necessary to manage the sales and marketing interface from the effective positioning of offerings through closing the sale and relationship management. The course allows students to develop and improve interpersonal and communication skills through role-plays and sales interviews. The course is delivered through a combination of lectures, class presentations and discussions seminars.
1. explain the strategic role of personal selling and sales management in the organisation's marketing and corporate strategies
2. recognise the ethical challenges that exist for the sales function
3. list and describe the steps in the personal selling process
4. compare and contrast the motivations of buyers in consumer and organisational markets
5. recognise the importance of relationship management in personal selling
6. describe the key sales management tasks of salesperson selection, recruitment, motivation, organisation and evaluation