Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To provide the student with an introduction to the study of social psychology, utilising a synthesis of the cognitive and social and individual and group influences that shape social behaviour. To present to the student, in a comprehensive and meaningful way, key influential social psychology studies alongside contemporary and cross-disciplinary developments that have impacted on many areas of life, including education, health, and counselling and clinical psychology.
1. Demonstrate a knowledge of the core concepts of social psychology
2. Examine the relationship between attitudes and behaviour
3. Critically reflect on explanations for prejudice and discrimination
4. Identify and recall key theories and studies in conformity, compliance and obedience
5. Apply theories of attraction and models of love to different types of relationships