Dublin City University
Area of Study
Aerospace Engineering, Business
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module will provide students with a comprehensive treatment of emissions markets for the aviation sector. The key emissions markets will be discussed, including the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS), Clean Development Mechanism, Joint Implementation and the voluntary emissions markets. Mitigation of aviation emissions via the EU ETS and voluntary emissions markets will be a particular focus. The economics and politics underlying emissions reductions efforts in the aviation sector will be outlined. The module concludes with a presentation of the mitigation strategies available to the aviation industry, including operational efficiency, aircraft design and alternative fuels.
1. Articulate climate change issues, the contribution of the aviation sector to climate change and the emerging climate change policies impacting the aviation sector.
2. Distinguish between the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme, Clean Development Mechanism, Joint Implementation and voluntary emissions markets.
3. Explain the role of the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme in reducing aviation emissions.
4. Explain the role of the voluntary emissions markets in reducing aviation emissions.
5. Describe the primary mitigation strategies available to the aviation sector, including operational efficiency, aircraft design and alternative fuels.