Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This modules gives the student an introduction to the basic principles and applications of fluid flow, heat transfer and mass transfer in the context of modern bioprocessing technology.
1. Perform simple calculations involving flows and pressures.
2. Apply the continuity and Bernoulli equations to simple fluid flow problems.
3. Understand the principles of flow measurement and the pumping of fluids
4. Formulate and solve simple problems involving heat conduction in planar and cylindrical geometries.
5. Formulate simple conductive heat transfer problems in terms of single-phase and overall heat transfer coefficients.
6. Design a double pipe heat exchanger using the log-mean temperature difference.
7. Formulate and solve simple problems involving mass diffusion in planar geometry.
8. Formulate and apply the equations for gas-liquid mass transfer in bioreactors
9. Apply the principles of mass transfer to dialysis and haemodialysis