Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
Maxwell's equations are introduced through conceptual development of electromagnetism, integration and vector calculus.
1. demonstrate conceptual understanding of electric and magnetic fields
2. apply the superposition principle in the context of electric and magnetic fields
3. set up integrals to evaluate EM quantities due to charge distributions and current configurations
4. link electromagnetism with other areas of physics, e.g. mechanics, optics, and special relativity.
5. solve unseen problems in electromagnetism
6. discuss and solve problems in electricity and magnetism in a small group setting
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.