Dublin City University
Area of Study
Biology, Environmental Studies
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To introduce the students to waste streams treatment and innovative environmental biotechnologies.
1. Describe the biological methods for wastewater treatment
2. Give examples of the microorganisms role in pollution control
3. Discuss the environmental feasibility of agrofuels
4. Compare methods for bioremediation of contaminated soil and groundwater
5. Analyse pros and cons of microbial fuel cells for bioenergy production
6. Discuss topical issues in environmental science through individual and group work involving oral and written presentations
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.