Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To gain an understanding of the role of epidemiology in population health.
1. Discuss the term epidemiology and its contribution to population health and the planning of the health service
2. Understand the uses of evidence in healthcare, and learn how to find, use and critically review it.
3. Understand the range of study designs in common use - survey, cohort, case-control, randomized controlled trial
4. Discuss the role of nutrition in population health
5. Discuss the role of epidemiology in planning of the health service
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.