German Language 4 (Ex Beginner)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
German, German Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module is designed to enable students to develop their language skills in order to be in a position to engage in academic activities during their year abroad. The module focuses on the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. It has an exit level of B1 in the CEFR.
1. Translate a short English text on a familiar topic into German which is reasonably accurate and intelligible throughout.
2. Scan longer texts in order to locate designed information to fulfill a specific task.
3. Produce continuous writing which is generally intelligible throughout.
4. Start again using a different tactic when communication breaks down.
5. Work out how to communicate the main points he/she wants to make.
6. Initiate, maintain and close straightforward conversations on familiar topics which may be abstract or concrete.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.