The Law of Contract
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This course involves a detailed consideration of the role and substantive content of contract law in Ireland. Both common law principles and legislative intervention in contracts will be considered in detail.
1. Explain the role which the law of contract plays in the legal regulation of private and commercial transactions
2. Identify the key rules and principles of the law of contract
3. Apply the rules and principles of the law of contract to common commercial and private problems
4. Critique the role which contract plays in the regulation of business affairs
5. Locate, classify and summarise relevant legal materials regarding contract law
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.