Fashion Styling I
Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti
Area of Study
Fashion, Fashion Design
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Fashion Styling is designed to expose students to the understanding of the process with a special focus on Italian Fashion Style. The course develops students’ initial understanding and experience in Styles hunting and Image styling as the foundations of fashion and project approach with the objective to further stimulate their potential skills.
Milan is a strategic city, the international capital of fashion. Luxury and Bespoken Craft. Contemporary Art and Business. Creativity and wearable/creativity. A perfect field where to observe, visit art galleries and fashion stores, take pictures on the streets and interview fashion professionals. Marketing and social macro trends represent the main basis from where to start a process for a product styling line. From art to social trend: students will learn how to incorporate all information for an innovative application of the trend skills which take in consideration the marketing strategies. The course is organized around thematic areas:
- Image Analysis
- Learning how to read an image, looking through layers, is one of the most important skills that a fashion stylist needs to be successful. The research begin from the fundamental overview of art painting, digital illustration, advertising campaign and photography.
- Cool Hunting, from aesthetic to fashion. Scouting now to forecast the future.
- Analysis of the cool concept and practical exercises on it. Milano ground fashion scene research. The outcome will be a presentation of the identified trends, composed by images, key words and supporting materials such as textiles and objects of different kind.
- Styling, style look exercise
- Identification of a current trend and practical exercise on it, by creating a personal styling that best represents the concept connected to the trend itself.
- Image Analysis