Italian Language - Fall
Area of Study
Low Intermediate, Intermediate
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units5
Hours & Credits
Objectives of the course
The aim of the course is to develop the four basic language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Lessons will also include grammar analysis and practice and the development of lexical skills.
After the final exam, the student will be able to
• use language effectively in social, academic and professional relations
• understand a wide range of texts
• produce clear and well-structured texts
Pre-intermediate and intermediate contents:
• grammar: present perfect, imperfect, conditional, future, imperative; direct object/indirect object/double object pronouns; prepositions; conjunctions ecc.
• review of basic/everday language vocabulary: town and facilities, job, health, family, free time, travelling etc.
• linguistic functions :speaking about past events/habits, giving advice/orders, speaking about future plans etc.
The course is based on a communicative approach. Students will develop theirs skills through active participation to the class: not only individual work, but also pair/small group activities.
1. grammar test
2. listening comprehension
3. reading comprehension
presentation of one article from the web or from an Italian newspaper and interview with the teacher.
Exam mark is awarded in 30ths.