Psychology 4H Single: Autism Spectrum Disorders
University of Glasgow
Area of Study
Behavioral Science, Psychology
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2.5
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
Introduces students to the broad range of current research on autism spectrum disorders (ASDs).
Main Assessment In: April/May
To introduce students to the broad range of current research on autism spectrum disorders (ASDs).
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this programme students will be able to:
1. be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of current definitions of ASD and diagnostic techniques.
1. be able to critically assess current psychological/cognitive theories of ASD.
1. be able to critically assess current neural theories of ASD.
1. have a detailed knowledge of potential causes of ASD
1. have a detailed knowledge of the social and scientific importance of ASD.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.