Innovative Design Concepts for Services in Gastronomy & Catering Businesses
Universidad de Barcelona
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits6
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
- To know the different areas of a hotel, their structure, function and interrelationships.
- To know the design criteria for each of the areas and to be aware of new design trends.
- To know the criteria of durability and maintenance, the choice of materials, furniture and equipment from the hotel perspective.
- To understand how the design and distribution of the different rooms in a hotel influence customer perception and to understand the inner workings of a hotel.
- To understand the importance of facilities for the operation of a hotel.
- To understand and know how to interpret the plans of a proposed architecture as well as its facilities and to identify the different parts of the building
- Functional analysis of the hotel areas
- Study of the circulation flows in hotel buildings (examples of diagrams and plans)
- Design and functionality
- Design influences in guest perceptions, innovation and creativity in the style selection
- National and international design tendencies in furniture and in interior design
- Room area: design criteria and new tendencies
- Service areas: the importance of the functionality
- Common areas: design criteria and new tendencies
- SPA and wellness: design criteria and new tendencies
- Hotel facilities
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.