Organization and Human Resource Management in Tourism Companies
Universidad de Barcelona
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This subject deals with the basic principles for planning in a tourism company incorporating the most current elements of the organization, coordination and supervision, in order to guarantee its sustainability and maximize the efficiency of the results by implementing a work culture based on quality, responsibility and striving to achieve customer and stakeholders satisfaction -according to sustainable tourism approach as well as efficient and motivating team work. In this sense, special attention is given to management of people as a strategic resource within a company and the need for proper planning of the work organization, recognizing the importance of all the processes that make up this organization: selection, compensation, training, engaging...
Students must be able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Have business vision.
- Have a commitment to ethics.
- Planning, organize, manage and control the different types of tourism organizations.
- Planning and managing human resources in tourism organizations.
- Understand and implement quality standards in tourist service processes.
- PART ONE: PROCESS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- PART TWO: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT IN ORGANIZATIONS
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.