Universidad de Barcelona
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Smart Tourism is the progression from traditional tourism models to innovative management ones that promote sustainability by using the technologies. The improvement of visitors' experiences is one of the Smart Tourism goals, as well as to manage the resources efficiently and competitively. This subject will deepen in all the elements needed to transform a traditional tourism destination into a new Smart Destination. Among others sustainability, innovation, technology, governance, and management represent these elements.
- Evaluate the social and environmental impact of actions in his or her field, sustainability.
- Understand and use information technology and information management systems in tourism.
- Manage tourism spaces and destinations.
- Concept and Theoretical bases: Smart concept, application to territory, Smart City, Smart Tourism, Smart Destination, and Smart Tourist
- Smart Management Models: history and evolution, contemporary models, central axes, dimensions or layers, indicators and measurement variables.
- Standards and Regulations: National Plan of Smart Cities, White-book of Smart Tourist Destinations, Guide for Applicants, Hand-book of Smart Destinations, Public entities and State Agencies.
- The Smart Destination Development , and project development
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.