Universidad de Barcelona
Area of Study
Hospitality, Marketing, Tourism
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits22
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units33
Hours & Credits
The subject of tourism marketing aims to offer continuity to the subject of strategic and operational Marketing. The main idea is to study in further depth the commercialization of tourism products and services, an activity which belongs to the operative part of marketing.
This subject wants to provide students with a full panoramic vision of how to sell and buy tourist products nowadays: it also focuses on the latest marketing strategies. In addition, it prepares students to be able to analyze the importance of choosing a particular channel based on the strategic plan of the company.
KEY WORDS: tourist commercialization, operational marketing, strategic plan.
- Students must be able to apply their knowledge to their work in a professional way and possess the skills used to develop and defend arguments and solve problems within their study field.
- Have initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Understand and apply the political, legal, and institutional framework that regulates tourism companies and activities.
- Analyze and evaluate tourism potential when designing products, services, and projects.
- Market tourism products, services, and projects.
- Present trends in the Tourism sector. Innovation and digital transformation
- Commercial and Business objectives.
- Customer orientation. Segmentation. Buyer Person.
- Distribution channels. Direct vs. Indirect
- GDS, Metasearch. Trip advisor
- AAVV, Tour Operators, OTAs
- Marketing Networks: Virtuoso, Signature,...
- Business Tourism. MICE
- The role of the administration in the marketing of tourism products
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.