Design of Digital Tourism Platforms
Universidad de Barcelona
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This subject will allow to understand the global bases of the technological platforms in the sector of digital innovation in tourism.
A subject with a global vision of the current and future technology, which gives an understanding of each use and parts that make up a web.Each student will learn how a web works in a digital environment, and the applications to grow a business through digital marketing.
The methodology used in each session will be team work, which will allow the students to put into theoretical knowledge into practice. Through the creation and development of a website and the challenges of the of the projects selected by the team.
The project will be developed through the creation of a website with one of the most important CMS on the market WordPress, which will allow from the beginning to the online publication to learn in a real environment.The course will be developed always with the portals of each student, and in an environment of technology in the classroom.
- That students are able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialized and non-specialized public.
- To have business vision
- Analyze and evaluate the tourism potential for the design of products, services and projects.
- Know and use information technologies and management systems in tourism.
- PART I: Introduction to digital platforms.
- PART II: Introduction to Wordpress.
- PART III: Web structure.
- PART IV: Basic Elementor.
- PART V: Basic Plugins.
- PART VI: Elementor + Advanced Plugins.
- PART VII: Web design analysis.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.