Introduction to Catalan Language
Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
Area of Study
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Upon successful completion of the Introduction to Catalan Language course, users are able to cope linguistically in a range of limited but basic survival situations which require a very predictable use of language. They can:
- Give simple personal details about themselves, such as where they live, who they know, what they like and what they have.
- Express basic needs. Ask for and give specific information using common, everyday expressions and very simple phrases.
- Understand short texts, expressed in simple language, directed at the general public.
- Identify the central topic of longer messages and extract the main relevant points.
- Write short, simple notes and texts and complete forms with personal details.