International Marketing Strategies
Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
Area of Study
International Business, International Marketing, Marketing
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This course provides students with the tools to explore and understand marketing practices in a global environment. The student, as a marketing manager, will learn the scope and challenge of international marketing, working in a different environment (cultural, political, and legal), using different business entries, and finally, analyzing ways to develop global marketing strategies. Students will also learn to develop a formal analytic framework of decision making based on recent developments in the field of International Marketing through a group project and case studies.
- Fluent English
1. To recognize cultural differences in different markets and their effect on international business.
2. To be able to analyze such differences in terms of opportunities and risks in conducting marketing.
3. To understand the relationship between international trade and the political and economic factors and trade agreements.
4. To understand and to be able to apply the different marketing strategies: segmentation, targeting and positioning.
5. To develop strategies and plan for launching a new product: market entry and marketing mix (product, price, promotion, and place).
6. To become familiar with the tools, framework and techniques for identifying market opportunities.
1 - International Marketing Strategies
a. International Marketing Imperative.
b. Content and principles of the marketing plan in the international context
c. International Marketing Environments: Economic and cultural
d. International Marketing Environments: International political and legal
2 - Analysis of the International Marketing
a. Commercial investigation about purchasing behavior in different markets
b. Product and services strategies definitions and contents to the international approaches
c. International price strategies and activities analysis
d. Distribution channels activities and strategies: international changes and relationship analysis
3 - Organization and control
a. How communicate and make publicity at international levels
b. Promotion products and global promotions
c. International Marketing organisation and control