Internship in NGOs
Universidad de Granada
Area of Study
Internship, Modern Languages, Service-Learning, Spanish
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
The Program for Voluntary work is aimed at university students and professionals interested in widening their studies through voluntary work in collaboration with the NGO Solidarios. The participation of students in this program has a double objective:that these students learn how NGOs function in Spain and that the centers benefit from the volunteer work carried out by these students.
Before starting their volunteer work, students will receive a 10-hour seminar where they will learn about general aspects of volunteer work in Spain, emergence and development of NGOs, introduction to volunteer work and specific training before joining the different centers. Students who choose this program may choose one of the following areas: homeless, support for the elderly, physically and mentally disabled, children and young people and collaboration with the association ALCER (kidney diseases).
- Presentation of the program. Receipt of documentation and material
- Previous activities
- Presentation of areas of activity. Interviews with students about their preferences
- The emergence of NGOs I
- The emergence of NGOs II
- Introduction course to voluntary work
- Specific training. Planning of visits to centers.
- Integration in centres
- Follow-up of work carried out and preparation of project
- Exchange of impressions with fellow students
- Planning the schedule for individual interviews with the tutor
- Project supervision
- Final review of project. Last doubts.
- Group exposition of project
- 30% of the final grade is assessed from the students’ attention, participation and attendance in the group seminars and individual interviews. The idea is to motivate the student to think, develop arguments, discuss their ideas with their fellow interns and the teacher and also, to use and practice the Spanish language.
- 30% of the final grade is obtained from the outside tutor’s report on the work carried out.
The remaining 40% will depend on the results obtained in the project