History of Art in Spain (In English)
Universidad de Granada
Area of Study
Art History, Studio Art
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
The aim of the subject is:
1. To appreciate and recognise several interpretations and values of the work of art in different
2. To explain the most important processes of the artistic change and cultural transformations of
Western art ( especially in Spain).
3. To explain the most important artistic events of Art History, placing them correctly in time and
space and emphasizing their significance in the process history-art.
4. To understand works of art as exponents of creativity and value them as a document from one
period and one culture.
5. To know, enjoy and value the cultural heritage of Spain, Andalucia and Granada.
6. To develop critical sense and to be able to enjoy aesthetics.
- Work in class and class participation, up to 20%
- Eliminatory exam, up to 20%
- Final exam, up to 20%
- Project, up to 20%
- Homework, up to 10%
- Attendance, up to 10%
· Spain in perspective : an introduction to its history, art, and culture.
Ed. Universidad de Granada.
· The arts in Spain. Ed. Thames and Hudson.
· Granada en siete paseos. Ed. Universidad Granada.
· Historia del arte de España. Ed. Lunwerg.
· Arte español para extranjeros. Ed. Nerea.
· Historia del arte español . Ed. SGEL
· Historia del arte en Andalucía . Ed. Gever
· Cómo mirar un cuadro. Ed. Gustavo Gili