Spanish Literature (In English)
Universidad de Granada
Area of Study
European Studies, Literature
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
The basic aim of this course is to offer a general perspective of Spanish literature since its origins until the present. We shall study different periods with different authors with the most important works as well as the most important literature. We shall be working with different texts which will becommented on in class. Now and again, we should be using complementary visual material. We hope that the students will participate actively in the classes and at the end of the course they will present
a final project to their class mates.
Assessment The criteria for assessment will be:
- Class participation, up to 20%
- Elliminatory exam, up to 20%
- Final exam, up to 20%
- Presentation of the project, up to 20%
- Activities/homework, up to 10%
- Attendance, up to 10%
· Curso de literatura: español lengua extranjera. Ed. Edelsa.
· Breve historia de la literatura española. Ed. Alianza.
· Más que palabras. Literatura por tareas. Ed. Difusión.
· The Cambridge History of Spanish Literature. Ed. CUP.
· Historia de la literatura española. Ed. Acento.
· Nueve siglos de literatura española. Nine Centuries of Spanish
Literature. Ed. Dover.
· Introduction to Spanish poetry. Ed. Dover.
· Esbozo de la literatura española. Ed. AP. Brno.