Popular Subject Areas
Remote Learning: Current Global Topics & Spanish Language in Seville, Spain
ISA Seville Study Center
The ISA Study Center in Seville is the leading organization in Spain for teaching the Spanish language and culture to international students.
Ideal for students who are looking to take courses tailored to their unique needs and our contemporary world, the ISA Seville Study Center offers courses in Spanish language and culture as well as the most essential global topics of today. The courses offered through the study center are exclusively offered to ISA students.
Summer 6 2021
May 24, 2021 - Jun 25, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
Apr 10, 2021
45 - 180 Contact Hours
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Study Abroad Program Description
The program price includes tuition for one online course (3 semester credits). If you are interested in enrolling in more than one online course in Seville OR with one of our other Remote Learning opportunities in Florence or San José, please speak with the ISA Seville Program Manager. Each additional course in Seville will cost $1,300, while this cost will vary at the other locations.
The Current Global Topics & Spanish Language remote learning program recognizes that global issues can best be studied from a truly global perspective. The online courses offered on this program explore how current issues – such as economics, public health, politics, and culture – have all been impacted by the global pandemic. As a participant in this virtual program, you will be exposed to real issues and you get an opportunity to examine these topics from a Spanish, or more broadly European, context. In addition to these Current Global Topics courses that are all taught in English, Spanish language courses are available for those wishing to enhance their Spanish proficiency.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Tuition at the Host University
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
45 - 180
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
3 - 12
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
4 - 18
- You are required to take one of the Global Topic Required Courses. The program price includes tuition for one of those courses (3 semester credits). If you are interested in enrolling in more than one course, please speak with the ISA Seville Program Manager about additional fees.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. You should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of class cancellations.
- Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions.
- Per the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo, 15 contact hours is equivalent to 1 U.S. semester credit/ 1.5 quarter units.
COURSE LEVEL RECOMMENDATIONS
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. Please note that recommendations are based on the host university course codes. The structure of course codes at the ISA Study Center with the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo-Sevilla consists of a series of prefixes and numbers. The course code prefix is a three-letter designator for a major division of academic discipline or area of study. The course code number is a three-digit designator for the course level/year taught (first digit), and range of content specificity (second and third digits). The letter (E) following a course code indicates the course is taught in English. The letter (S) following a course code indicated the course is taught in Spanish. Based on this information, ISA recommends that courses starting with the numbers 1 and 2 be classified as lower division, while courses starting with the numbers 3 and 4 be classified as upper division. These ISA recommendations are intended to facilitate the determination of course equivalencies by advisors and credential evaluators at participants' U.S. home institutions.
- Requests for syllabi can be made to the ISA Seville Program Manager.
- The transcript from the ISA Study Center will reflect contact hours for each course listed below. Please be in touch with your U.S. University regarding credit transfer for this program.
select allclear all
Support & Funding
María Jesús Rubio Amador
Senior CP & Cultural Activities Coordinator , Spain
Carmen Maria Parra
Director of Logistics, Spain
Director of Spanish Operations/ ISA Resident Director, Spain
Francisco León Gutiérrez
IT Systems Administrator, Spain
Manolo Fernández Moreno
Senior Housing Coordinator, Spain
Housing Coordinator/ Veritas Manager, Spain
Pedro José Pérez Polo
Director of Central Europe Operations, Spain
Spain Custom Programs Manager/ Academic Coordinator, Spain
Tamara Roldán Gutiérrez
Senior Academic Coordinator, Spain
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, you may visit the Scholarships and Grants page. Please note that some programs, including remote learning opportunities, are not eligible for scholarships.View all Funding Options
ISA's Remote Learning programs are completed from the comfort of your own home. For this reason, housing is not an inclusion in this particular program. If you are interested in traveling abroad with ISA in the future, you can review the housing information located within the program page for any of our study abroad opportunities.