Spanish Language, Culture & Business
ISA Study Center with Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo - Sevilla
Located within fifteen minutes of the Plaza de España and right next to Parque de María Luisa, the ISA Study Center is the leading organization in Spain for teaching the Spanish language and culture to international students.
Ideal for the first-time traveler or students who are hoping to gain a better understanding of Spanish culture and language, the ISA Study Center with Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo (UIMP) is focused specifically for students, placing high emphasis on Spanish language, literature, culture, business, and education. ISA students will only be taking courses with other ISA students, and the campus is shared by the ISA office, so you will have regular interaction and support from the resident staff.
Summer 2 2020
May 23, 2020 - Jun 10, 2020
Mar 25, 2020
45 - 60 Contact Hours
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
With a variety of Spanish language courses at the high beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of Spanish, you will be able to focus specifically on language acquisition or you can choose from courses in culture, literature, international relations, international marketing, or economics. Courses are taught by host university faculty and are taken with other ISA students.
Our Summer 2 program is two weeks long and offers Spanish courses for High Beginning levels and higher, as well as English courses.
Our Summer 3 program is two weeks long and offers Spanish courses for High Beginning levels and higher, as well as English courses.
Our Summer 4 program is a month long and offers Spanish courses for High Beginning levels and higher, as well as English courses.
Our Summer 5 program is a month long and offers Spanish courses for Intermediate levels and higher, as well as English courses.
Back-to-back sessions are also available for this program. The following back-to-back program combinations are available:
When applying to a back-to-back option, please select both programs when submitting your online application. If you’d like more information about this option, please contact your Seville Program Manager.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Spanish Visa Support
Tuition at the Host University
Meals and Laundry Service
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
45 - 60
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
4 - 6
- The course list below indicates the proposed courses for the upcoming semester. The host university has not yet confirmed the current course list at this time. This site will be updated once ISA receives the updated list of courses, along with a note notifying students of the change.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations.
- Enrollment in Spanish courses is determined by the results of a language placement exam administered by the host university. Please note that your performance on the placement exam may not reflect the number of semesters of language instruction you've already completed at your home university. We strongly suggest that students who are trying to place into any level of language beyond true beginning prepare for the language placement exam by reviewing previous coursework.
- Students must have completed at least 1 semester of college-level Spanish or the equivalent if looking to take courses in Spanish. Students in the Back-to-Back program who have not completed at least two semesters of college-level Spanish (or the equivalent) are required to take a high-beginning language course during the Summer 1 session and may only take one course in English due to course availability during the second term.
- Intermediate level students may select Intermediate Level Spanish Language A and B, or Intermediate Language A and an elective in English or Spanish, or two electives in English or Spanish at the Intermediate level.
- Students with an advanced-level of Spanish have the opportunity to select two courses from the list consisting of language, culture, literature, or any course instructed in English.
- Courses and course hours of instructions are subject to change.
- Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam. (All Language Courses)
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the ISA Seville Program Manager.
- Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
- Per the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo, 15 is equivalent to 1 U.S. semester credit/ 1.5 quarter units.
ISA Course Level Recommendation
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. Please note that recommendations are based on the host university course codes. The structure of course codes at the ISA Study Center with the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo-Sevilla consists of a series of prefixes and numbers. The course code prefix is a three-letter designator for a major division of academic discipline or area of study. The course code number is a three-digit designator for the course level/year taught (first digit), and range of content specificity (second and third digits). The letter (E) following a course code indicates the course is taught in English. The letter (S) following a course code indicated the course is taught in Spanish. Based on this information, ISA recommends that courses starting with the numbers 1 and 2 be classified as lower division, while courses starting with the numbers 3 and 4 be classified as upper division. These ISA recommendations are intended to facilitate the determination of course equivalencies by advisors and credential evaluators at participants' U.S. home institutions.
- The transcript from the ISA Study Center will reflect contact hours for each course listed below. Please be in touch with your U.S. University regarding credit transfer for this program.
select allclear all
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Support & Funding
Housing and Activities Coordinator, Spain
Student Care Coordinator, Spain
María Jesús Rubio Amador
Senior CP & Cultural Activities Coordinator , Spain
Carmen Maria Parra
Director of Logistics, Spain
Director of Spanish Operations/ ISA Resident Director, Spain
Francisco León Gutiérrez
IT Systems Administrator, Spain
Manolo Fernández Moreno
Senior Housing Coordinator, Spain
Housing Coordinator/ Veritas Manager, Spain
Pedro José Pérez Polo
Director of Central Europe Operations, Spain
Spain Custom Programs Manager/ Academic Coordinator, Spain
Tamara Roldán Gutiérrez
Senior Academic Coordinator, Spain
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Scholarships and Grants page.View all Funding Options
Studying abroad in Spain will allow you the opportunity to indulge into aspects of the Spanish lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor of Spain. Depending on your housing option, you will either be within walking distance to your university or conveniently located near public transit routes. Travel times to the various university buildings (with the exception of the UPO) generally range between 15 and 40 minutes depending on housing and class locations. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
We strive to match your housing choices with our available accommodations, however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
Host families are a great choice if you are seeking full linguistic and cultural immersion during your time abroad. Each host family has been carefully selected by ISA’s resident staff in order to best accommodate your needs and to ensure a comfortable situation. Homestays will provide three meals a day and laundry service once a week. You will typically share a room with another ISA student of the same legal gender. Single rooms may be available for an additional fee.
The student residence is a great choice if you would like to be independent while living with other international and local students. With availability limited on a first-come, first-served basis, you will room with another ISA student of the same legal gender. Single rooms may also be available for an additional fee. Meals and laundry service are not included, however there is a kitchen available for use as well as laundry facilities.
In this ISA housing option, you will pay a $500 refundable security deposit. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount.
Apartments are a great housing option if you are seeking complete independence during your time abroad. Apartments are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and availability is limited. Rent and utilities are included in the program price, and each apartment is fully furnished. Apartments, that are spread throughout the city, typically house three-five ISA students, with shared room occupancy. Meals and laundry service are not included.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA